Sökningen gav 1 träffar, visar 1 - 1
2 / 1997 |
EU och internationell försäkring |
These are my points and observations that are discussed and,
hopefully, substantiated in this paper:
• Private and government sectors are gradually converging in
practices and management.
• Risk awareness is likely to be an area that generally needs
to be improved both in the government sector and in the
• A holistic management approach to risk is something to be
advocated both in the government sector and in the private
• Administrative, financial and economic control of risk is
likely to need more attention than pure technical aspects
when treading the road of privatisation.
• Risk financing programs must be quick and easy to implement
in existing and former government agencies.
• The captive concept is as valid in the government sector as in the private sector as a
sophisticated tool for risk management.
• The spin-offs of a captive may not be so attractive in the government sector as in the
• A concept for introduction must perhaps be even better prepared in the professionally
investigative and scrutinizing environment of the government sector.
• The security and reinsurance aspects could be quite different in a government risk
financing framework compared with a conventional captive.
• Agencies should in my experience be expected to be quite keen on receiving and
adopting risk management practices.